Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday and found as much to be thankful, besides all the yummy food.

We hosted Thanksgiving Dinner at our house for Kristy's family. Kristy's mom came up on Wednesday afternoon to help get food ready. Since I got the nice new grill this summer, I knew I wanted to grill "Tom the Turkey" this year, so I had been doing my research. We had bought "Tom" the week before and we had him thawing in the fridge a few days before. Wednesday night we started basting him. Then had a family movie night, and watched "Fred Clause", on a side note, I don't recommend this movie...

Thursday we woke up early, I fired up the grill, and we watched the parade, I made several visits outside to check on "Tom"... by the time lunch was to be served, he was a beatiful golden brown... "Tom" and the rest of the food was delicious.

Then after a short nap... we took off to Sioux Falls, Kristy's extended family spends Thanksgiving there together, the kids loved the pool... everyone goes out to the movies Thursday night, the Carlson's chose Madagascar 2... it was good, I'd recommend that one. Then we came back to the hotel, had pizza with the family- I watched the Longhorns beat A&M and then we crashed.

Part of the Sioux Falls tradition in the women getting up to go to shopping on Friday morning. I had always thought it was funny... but, at the same time, as a people watcher, I'd always wanted to see if the Black Friday crowd is as wild as it's made out to be. I saw in an Ad that Wal-Mart had Iron Man on Blu-Ray DVD for $15, that and my curiosity was all that I needed! Kristy and I got up at 4:30am and headed out... I have always said that nothing good happens before 10am, and I should have listened to my own words of wisdom.

On the way to Wal-Mart Kristy put some lotion on her hands in the car, she took her wedding ring off and then dropped it... she couldn't find it...No problem I thought, "we'll find it when we stop the car in the parking lot." Ahh... nope. After a thorough search of her jack, the car seat, under the car seat, in every part of the console between our seats... nothing. We decided to go into Wal-Mart and see if we could find it when we came out.

I'll leave you hanging and give you part 2 of this "Journey" next time.

No comments: