Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Holiday... the good and the bad.

Christmas time for me is always an intersting time of year. I'm blessed with the work environment that I'm in, that even though I'm "busy" during this time of year, I also have the flexability to manuver my schedule around to spend time with my family while Kristy and the kids have days off from work and school. We've had fun spending time together, playing games, watching movies, and playing wii.

This year I was asked to speak at the Christmas-eve Candlelight service, it was a good experience, the church was pretty full, somone said there were 240 people, which was the most we've had in over 10 years.

I also was asked to speak in church this past Sunday, and will do so again this Sunday. Unfortunatly, my computer died with my PowerPoint presentation on it, and so I preached without it, and it's not looking like my computer is coming back to life anytime soon... so I'm bouncing around to other people's offices to check email and work on a computer while one is freed up. Not the most ideal situation. I never really thought that I loved my office, but when everything is in one place and you aren't were you can get to it easily... it definitly makes you appreciate what you have.

Obviously there are other disapointments this week too- but we won't mention the Broncos. Those playoff tickets that are sitting on my desk now are worthless! But I'm not bitter.

We just got to keep plugging along when life doesn't go as we expect it should.

On a side note, I'm pumped for tomorrow night, and the big annual New Year's eve party at Fischers! That's always a highlight for me to hang out with a great group of people.

I wonder what new Journies 2009 is going to bring?

No comments: