Monday, December 1, 2008

NDSU Trip

I enjoyed my trip to NDSU last week, it was great to see the quality men that we have that represent the Jacks, both player and coaches.

I arrived at SDSU on Friday afternoon and watched our team do their walk through in Frost Arena, then we got on the buses (I road the Defensive Bus!) and went to the VFW for supper. Then loaded the buses again and headed for our hotel in Fargo. We got settled in and I ended up rooming with Stig. He's a good roomie. He had quite the room too... the bathroom was huge! That night we had snacks available in our room, so it was fun to meet the players in a more informal situation.

Saturday came and was full of meetings in the convention center, I did the chapel service and talked about Leaving a Legacy and tried to honor the seniors in the process. We ate and then loaded the buses and headed to the dome.

It was just like old times, warm-ups and all, the game was amazing, it was great to be on the sidelines. The NDSU fans were a treat too. We ended up winning the game by being aggresive and going for 2 and the win when we were down by 1, 25-24! They left a legacy, the first time the Jacks have won in Fargo since 1962! They got that monkey off their back.

I rode back to Brookings on our church bus, that had brought some students up for the game. We went out to eat in Fargo to celebrate, but couldn't find anywhere open past 10, we ended up going to Applebee's, which then after eating and riding in our converted school bus that maxes out at 60 mph, we got back to Brookings @ 3:30am, and I think I crawled into bed a little after 4am.

But it was all worth it!

Life's a Journey!

No comments: